Archive for September, 2010
Display SharePoint list items based on date range
Posted by Jake in SharePoint on September 17, 2010
There was a request to display items (“How-To Tips”) based on a date range. Seemed like a reasonable request, but I didn’t see anything out of the box that provided this functionality. To get this done, the obvious choice was to use the Content Query Web Part (CQWP) and create a custom list that contained the tip items. In the custom list, I created the columns: Tip Description, Tip URL (in case a tip linked to another page/site), Display Start Date and Display End Date and Background Image (the requester also wanted a pretty image for the background of this web part).
Now that I had those columns to work with, I added a CQWP to the page and edited the web part to use my custom list:
To get the date range functionality, I used the Additional Filters section and my Date columns to filter on items with a Display Start Date less than or equal to [Today] and a Display End Date greater than or equal to [Today].
All that is left to do is add items to the list that have the correct start and end dates and the tip(s) appear on the web part:
There is more to do with getting the background image. I will blog that someday.
KeywordQuery Error: Property doesn’t exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema setting
Posted by Jake in SharePoint on September 9, 2010
In the following code of a web part that was doing a custom KeywordQuery search, I received the error “Property doesn’t exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema settings.” The Properties that I was adding to the KeywordQuery had not yet been mapped in the Search Service Application, Metadata Properties:
//Get associated search service application SearchServiceApplicationProxy proxy = (SearchServiceApplicationProxy)SearchServiceApplicationProxy.GetProxy (SPServiceContext.GetContext(SPContext.Current.Site)); //Use Keyword Query Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.KeywordQuery keywordQuery = new Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.KeywordQuery(proxy); keywordQuery.ResultsProvider = Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchProvider.Default; //Return following properties keywordQuery.SelectProperties.Add("ProjectCreator"); keywordQuery.SelectProperties.Add("ProjectName"); keywordQuery.SelectProperties.Add("ProjectDescription"); keywordQuery.SelectProperties.Add("ProjectStage"); keywordQuery.SelectProperties.Add("Path"); keywordQuery.SelectProperties.Add("Title"); keywordQuery.SelectProperties.Add("Id"); keywordQuery.SelectProperties.Add("SiteName");
To map these properties, go to the Search Service Application –> Metadata Properties page in Central Administration –> Application Management.
Select “New Managed Property”
Type the new Managed Property and add a mapping
In my case, I am mapping to properties that were promoted from an InfoPath form.
Once the property is mapped, re-run an incremental or full crawl on your content source which contains the property